–– Keep your family happy and warm by taking advantage of our heating promotions!
Have A Question?
How Do Heat Pumps Work?
Heat pumps use a compressor similar to those in air conditioning units and circulate a substance called a refrigerant through a closed loop. This compressor pumps the refrigerant between two heat exchanger coils.The heat pump can extract the heat from colder air, which comes into the system as a water vapor, compress it (which adds heat), and then delivers the heat to the unit.The heat pump cycle is fully reversible, and heat pumps can provide year-round climate control for your home – heating in winter and cooling in the summer. Even in the cold of winter, the air and ground contains heat that can be used to warm your home. In fact, air at –10°C contains over 85% of the heat that is does at 24°C.
How much you can save will depend on what system you use now, as well as what you are replacing it with. Your savings will be affected by:
- Your heat distribution system
The type of distribution system (in-floor or radiator) you use will affect the overall amount of potential cost savings.
- Your Natural Gas or Oil Costs
You will still have to pay fuel bills with a heat pump because it is powered by electricity, but you will save on the fuel you are replacing.
- Your old heating system
If your old heating system was inefficient, you are more likely to see lower running costs with a new heat pump.
- Using the controls
Learn how to control the system so you can get the most out of it. You will probably need to set the heating to come on for longer hours, but you might be able to set the thermostat lower and still feel comfortable.
JJ’s Custom Plumbing installs, services, and repairs a variety of types of Heat Pumps. Call us today to get a quote or to answer any questions you might have about this innovative and cost effective technology.
What Is A Heat Pump?
Simply put, a heat pump is an electrical device that moves hot air from one place to another, from outside to inside, or vice-versa. It is a technology that has been around for decades, but has recently grown in popularity throughout Canada and the world.
What are the advantages of using a heat pump?
- They are extremely efficient. A heat pump produces 3 KW of heat for every 1 KW of electricity used. When comparing it to a conventional heating system that has a 1 to 1 efficiency ratio – heat pumps are 3 times as efficient!
- They use a fraction of the electricity. With more efficient components, built in time delays, and larger coil surfaces, they will save you money on your electricity expenses year round.
- They can be used year round. Heat pumps can be used both in the cold of the winter and the heat of the summer.
- They provide a consistent and comfortable temperature in your home. The heat created from the heat pump is less intense than that generated from a conventional furnace.
- They are safe to use. Since heat pumps use electricity rather than natural gas, there are not inherent issues with carbon monoxide or dangers associated with gas leaks.
- They are more sustainable and eco-friendly than alternative heating/cooling methods. They reuse the existing ambient heat more efficiently and do not expel greenhouse gases. This is a win-win for you and the environment!
- They require little to no on-going maintenance. They are called a “fit and forget” technology because once they’re installed, you don’t have to think about them again!
- You can receive government incentives. You can receive rebates on these units, which lowers your total installation costs.
OUR PROFESSIONAL HEATING AND COOLING TECHNICIANS
…specialize in the installation, maintenance and repair of all types of furnaces and air conditioning systems, from the latest state of the art high efficiency models to standard models. If you need to replace your existing furnace, our experts can help you select the best heating and cooling equipment for your home and budget.